Wednesday, May 23, 2007

How long...?

How long 'til the world will be completed?
How many times will history be repeated?
How long 'til the words fall to the pages?
How many times 'til all we can say is save us?

How many times will you look back at that one night? And wish that you had thought more and had just one drink less than you did?

How many times will you remember that car-wreck with shame and shock at your own callousness? And wish that you had stopped and checked whether the occupants were okay?

How many times will you tremble when you recall that betrayal? And wish that you had not done the things that led to an endless estrangement?

How many times will you recall the glass as you decidedly threw its contents at his face? And wish that you had controlled your temper?

How many times will you curse your fate and regret your decisions and apologize to the numerous people whose lives you've helped to screw up just a little bit more? And wish that you were a better person?

Climb on top of all you despise
It's a better view from the lies
Two steps behind before I've begun
Time stops to tell me all I could have done

If I want things to be different now, and forever afterward, will you hold on to me, like you have all these years?
I know where I'm supposed to be.
Finally.

I want to go
Will you show me the way?

2 comments:

Shine On said...

How many times will history be repeated??
How long till the words fall to pages?
hmmm...I see the trip to Euroland has only sharpened that pencil...

Now be a dear and complete what you started and could not complete and what I started but abandoned..you know what I mean..

Show us the way...

TS said...

I feel like listening to Soul Meets Body...